Know Your Code: How Static Analysis Tools Make Applications More Secure
November 20, 2009
Why Read This Report
Many companies, besieged by audit findings and application vulnerabilities, recognize the benefits of eliminating security vulnerabilities early in the software life cycle. For this reason, static analysis technologies for analyzing code-level security issues are gaining momentum in the industry. As a security and risk management executive, you must: 1) carefully prepare your organization before buying static analysis tools; 2) apply six selection criteria to the buying decision; and 3) consider the current landscape of vendors as well as emerging open source tools that provide an inexpensive alternative.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Timely and relevant, Forrester's RoleView research aligns to 13 leadership roles across business and technology management. Our expertise in customer experience, mobile, digital business, and big data will help your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Why Should You Consider Static Analysis?
- Make Sure Your Organization Is Ready Before Buying Tools
- How To Select The Right Tool For Your Environment
- Six Keys To Integrating Static Analysis Into Your Application Security Program
- Static Analysis Tool Vendors Include Niche Players, Suites, And Open Source
- Developers, Developers, Developers! Are The Keys To Success
- Related Research Documents