Sales Enablement Defined
Sales Enablement Is The Bridge Between Go-To-Market Strategy And Tactical Execution
August 4, 2010
Why Read This Report
Tectonic forces are at work transforming business relationships away from their traditional dependency on products and services toward a focus on business outcomes and results. Inefficiencies noted within a sales organization are only early warning signs. Left unchecked, these flaws and frictions will eventually wreak havoc on balance sheets. Vendors that understand the fundamental changes at play will evolve their business models to be more holistic and customer-centric and will enjoy higher margins and increased differentiation in the marketplace. Those slow to respond will be relegated to commodity supplier status and forced to drive massive costs out of their selling model to remain cost-competitive and to protect eroding margins. Sales enablement is an emerging, cross-functional discipline designed to bridge the gap between strategy and execution and to accelerate the transformation into a new selling model.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Organizations Have Shifted From SG&A Growth To A Forced Focus On Efficiency
- Buyers Consider The Vendors Who Understand Them To Be The Most Strategic
- Executives Spend Significantly More With Strategic Vendors
- How Vendors Engage With Executives Is More Differentiating Than What They Sell
- Executives Feel That Salespeople Don't Understand Their Roles Or Their Businesses
- Executives Find That Appointments With Salespeople Fall Short Of Buyers' Expectations
- Executives Choose Vendors That Turn A Vision Into A Clear Path To Value
Table of Contents
- Confronting Change, Vendors Are Adopting New Strategies
- Executive Mandates Result In An Epidemic Of Uncoordinated Initiatives
- Random Acts Of Sales Support Undermine The Best-Laid Strategies
- Sales Enablement Bridges Go-To-Market Strategy And Tactical Execution
- Implementation And Success Require Cross-Functional Collaboration
WHAT IT MEANS
- Sales Enablement Emerges As A New Strategic Discipline
- Related Research Documents