Shift Happened In The Strong Authentication Market In 2009
Key Vendors Made Dramatic Moves And Are Looking At A Cloudy Future
February 1, 2010
Why Read This Report
The strong authentication market is on the move — slowly but surely. Nearly half of the authentication vendors profiled in Forrester's July 2008 market overview have since changed hands. Even those that haven't had a shift in ownership — or seen their brands disappear entirely — have been engaged in rebranding, refocusing, or reorganization activities. These changes have not been brought about by dramatic shifts in the technology landscape, but reflect both the challenging economic times and the gradual evolution of how security and risk management professionals are trying to bridge the gap between security and usability when issuing identity and authentication credentials.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($2495 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Best Practice Assessments
- The Strong Authentication Vendor Landscape At The Start Of 2010
Models and Calculators
- Single-Factor Password Authentication Still Predominates At Enterprises
Table of Contents
- Significant Shifts In 2009 Merit Revisiting The Strong Authentication Market
- M&A And Partnerships Have Been Rocking The Authentication Landscape
- What's In Store For Multifactor Authentication In 2010 And Beyond
WHAT IT MEANS
- Multifactor Authentication's Death Has Been Greatly Exaggerated
- Related Research Documents
TechRadar™: Zero Trust Identity Standards, Q1 2016
January 5, 2016 | Merritt Maxim
Brief: Washington Is Finally Jumping On The Government ID Bandwagon
October 27, 2014 | Andras Cser
TechRadar™: Zero Trust Identity Standards, Q3 2014
October 7, 2014 | Andras Cser