The Hour Of The Vendor Strategist: Three Mega Business Trends Will Reshape The Tech Sector
November 21, 2008
Why Read This Report
The news headlines are awash with gloom-and-doom news about the mortgage crisis, the financial sector's meltdown, and rising unemployment. Western economies are undoubtedly plunging into a recession. Yet, Forrester encourages forward-thinking tech vendors to see the silver lining in today's dark economic clouds. Rather than channeling all their strategic thinking into dealing with the recession's short-term effects, tech strategists must reposition their firms to capitalize on three major business trends that will completely redraw the tech sector's competitive landscape by 2015: globalization 2.0, invisible IT, and the consumerization of IT.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Timely and relevant, Forrester's RoleView research aligns to 13 leadership roles across business and technology management. Our expertise in customer experience, mobile, digital business, and big data will help your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($2495 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Three Macro Business Trends Will Reshape The Tech Sector By 2015
- Globalization 2.0 Will Usher In the Post-American Tech Economy
- Invisible IT Will Make Clever Use Of Technology As The Source Of Differentiation
- The Consumerization Of IT Will Spawn The "Business Consumer Tech" Market
- Vendors Must Reposition Themselves To Tap Post-Recession Opportunities
- Related Research Documents
Leveraging Forrester's Research And Models For Strategic Advantage
December 22, 2008 | Thomas Mendel, Ph.D.
Innovating Strategic Management Paradigms And Models To Thrive Amid Global Change
December 19, 2008 | Daniel Krauss
The ROI Of SaaS
May 13, 2016 | Liz Herbert