The Pains, Pitfalls, And Potential For Records Management In 2011
Forrester Research And ARMA International Records Management Online Survey, Q3 2010
October 13, 2010
Why Read This Report
Successful records management helps your organization comply with regulatory requirements, ease eDiscovery burdens, and meet information governance objectives. In pursuit of these goals, nearly two-thirds of records managers plan to roll out or expand records management deployments in 2011. Forrester clients must plan carefully during this expansion because challenges abound and satisfaction is low with current records management solutions. Factoring in complexity, cost, and other considerations, implementing effective records management programs is not easy. But aligning records management objectives with eDiscovery and archiving initiatives can go a long way toward achieving risk mitigation strategies.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Complexity, Cost, And Synchronization Challenge Successful Records Management
- Multiple Teams Contribute To Establishing Retention Management Policies
- Reported Number Of Record Retention Policies
- Records Management Software Budgeting For 2011
Table of Contents
- Nearly Two-Thirds Of Records Managers Plan To Expand Deployments In 2011
- Complexity, Cost, And Synchronization Demands Frustrate RM Programs
- Records Managers Must Navigate Complex Challenges For Program Success
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Records Management: User Expectations, Market Trends, And Obstacles
September 3, 2009 | Brian W. Hill
The Forrester Wave™: Records Management, Q2 2009
June 23, 2009 | Brian W. Hill
The Intersection Of Records Management And eDiscovery: In Need Of Attention
October 13, 2010 | Brian W. Hill