Under The Hood Of Mobile Marketing: Location-Based Marketing
Making Marketing Content Relevant To Where People Are
April 12, 2012
Why Read This Report
As marketers step up their mobile marketing efforts, Forrester clients are asking more and more questions about it, and one of the most important facets of the opportunity is location-based marketing. This short question-and-answer report highlights the opportunity — which includes but goes beyond mobile — and why it matters for interactive marketers, cites examples of how location-based marketing has been used to date, describes how the key components work and who the major players are, and recommends what you should do about it.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- 1. What is location-based marketing (LBM)?
- 2. Why should I care about LBM?
- 3. How have marketers used LBM in campaigns to date?
- 4. How do consumer technologies enable LBM?
- 5. How can LBM campaigns know what's in a consumer's vicinity?
- 6. Which vendors and services enable LBM?
- 7. How should marketers get started testing LBM?
- 8. How will LBM evolve over the next 24 to 36 months?
Tap Into Social Media's Unexpected Global Hotspots
January 6, 2012 | Nate Elliott
Twitter: The Public Forum For Your Brand
December 19, 2011 | Melissa Parrish
The State Of Social Media Marketing In Europe, 2011
September 19, 2011 | Nate Elliott