Best Practice Report

An Introduction To Content Translation And Localization Approaches

January 1st, 2018
Christine Polewarczyk, null
Christine Polewarczyk


As content format types and channels have proliferated, B2B content localization has become increasingly challenging, complex, and expensive. Understand the different types of language services and technology available to address content localization issues. Organizations should periodically re-evaluate content localization approaches to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, time to market and business impact.

The internet has resulted in an exponential increase in the amount of content, number of asset types, and level of content personalization B2B marketers are responsible for producing and delivering to key audiences. Forrester’s 2015 European Demand Creation study showed that only 29 percent of centrally created B2B content is kept “as is” in local markets, while the remaining 71 percent must be adapted in some way or requires local origination. In this report, we outline a variety of translation and localization approaches and how they can help B2B marketers manage the cost, complexity, and urgency of content localization in a global digital world.

Want to read the full report?

Contact us to become a client

This report is available for individual purchase ($1495).

Forrester helps business and technology leaders use customer obsession to accelerate growth. That means empowering you to put the customer at the center of everything you do: your leadership strategy, and operations. Becoming a customer-obsessed organization requires change — it requires being bold. We give business and technology leaders the confidence to put bold into action, shaping and guiding how to navigate today's unprecedented change in order to succeed.