CIO Perspectives On App Dev: We Need New Approaches To Deliver Applications Faster
October 6, 2011
Why Read This Report
Many CIOs are on the hot seat to innovate by delivering increasingly critical applications more quickly. To keep up with the accelerated pace of business, CIOs and application development and delivery leaders must re-evaluate how they develop and deliver applications. Forrester interviewed 15 CIOs to learn how they are coping with this challenge. Successful CIOs advise moving beyond being just an order taker by pragmatically eliminating complexity, introducing Agile where appropriate, and anticipating critical business needs.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Demand Exceeds Capacity
- CIOs Think Application Development Is Too Slow And Ineffective
- CIOs Must Also Deliver Applications That Satisfy Users
- CIOs See Application Development Facing Several Obstacles
- CIOs Advise: Be Pragmatic, Do Agile, And Eliminate Complexity And Redundancy
- To Get Faster, Move Beyond Just Being An Order Taker
WHAT IT MEANS
- Application Delivery Is Not Changing Fast Enough
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents