Channel Models In The Era Of Cloud
Channel Partners Expect A Share Of The Cloud
November 3, 2010
Why Read This Report
To identify channel partners' plans, readiness, barriers, and needs as cloud technologies emerge, Forrester Research joined with Outsource Channel Executives (OCE) to survey distributors, value-added resellers (VARs), direct market resellers (DMRs), managed service providers (MSPs), application hosting providers, and systems integrators (SIs) in the tech industry. The survey results indicate that channel partners foresee a collision with tech vendors over managed services and application hosting and that they will insist on getting their piece of the cloud. There's plenty of opportunity for both parties, as long as tech marketers apply the right combination of pressure and incentives to guide channel partners into the next phase of tech competition.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Demographics Of The Channel Executives We Surveyed
- Channel Partners Are Planning For Shifts In Their Revenue Streams
- Concerns Over Cloud/SaaS Indicate Opportunity For Classic Channel Partner Services
- Channel Partners' Plans For Managed Services And Application Hosting Are High
- Partners See Problems Involving Cost, Business Model Transformation, And Skill Sets
- The Reseller Channel Has Morphed Into A Critical Constituent Of The Developer Channel
Table of Contents
- Channel Partner Survey Demographics
- The Upheaval In Channels
- The Cloud Services Gold Rush Is Nigh
- Devise New Formulas For Cloud Channels
WHAT IT MEANS
- The Cloud Services Gold Rush Will Cause A Washout In The Channel
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Buyer Role Profile: Data Center Manager
January 24, 2014 | Norbert Kriebel
Tech Marketers Are Poised To Ramp Channel Investment
February 1, 2011 | Tim Harmon
The State Of Emerging SMB Hardware: 2009 To 2010
December 1, 2009 | Tim Harmon