Cloud Strategies To Drive Telco Growth
Telcos Should Provide Wholesale Infrastructure For Cloud Services
February 9, 2012
Why Read This Report
Telcos can grow their revenue base beyond access and transport to offer a range of wholesale services that many cloud service providers (CSPs) may lack the ability or skills to build themselves. Telcos must tread cautiously into the cloud market, seeking to serve this rapidly growing market with reliable and scalable infrastructure tuned to meet CSPs' specific requirements. Positioned as wholesalers of enabling infrastructure (i.e., not selling directly to enterprise or individual end users), telcos will augment CSPs' service differentiation with capabilities ranging from naked colocation space and managed network capacity to fully managed and secured platforms. This path to incremental revenue for telcos leverages their network heritage, but it also requires them to stay in the background — as wholesalers — rather than attempt to own the end customer service relationship.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Have The Telcos Missed The Cloud Opportunity?
- CSPs Are Building Fast-Growing Businesses Adjacent To Telco Space
- Finding Telcos' Opportunity In The Cloud
- Six Imperatives Help Telcos Win In The Wholesale Cloud Infrastructure Market
- What Will The Telcos Really Do?
WHAT IT MEANS
- Telcos Will Build Or Buy Capabilities Or Risk Their Future
- Telcos Will Need To Reinvent Their Market-Facing Operations For Cloud
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents