EA Effectiveness Is Linked To Business And IT Process Standardization
Firms With More Standardization See Greater EA Impact And Support
July 14, 2010
Why Read This Report
In September 2009, Forrester Research surveyed 416 IT executives familiar with their firm's EA program to determine the state of their EA practice — its maturity, structures and roles, relationship with peers, and effectiveness. Forrester asked these respondents about the level of standardization of business and IT process infrastructure, data, and applications across their organization. Reviewing the data based on respondents' standardization across these areas shows a strong correlation between a greater focus on standardization and more-effective EA programs. While this may seem an obvious result, this data also suggests that the law of diminishing returns may not apply in the case of standardization. Simply put, firms should not cease their focus on standardization, as it's a key contributor to overall organizational effectiveness.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Survey Respondents Represent A Broad Range Of Organizations
- Standardization Varies By Industry
- IT Process Standardization Varies By Firm Size; Business Processes Are More Consistent
- Greater Business Process Standardization Correlates With Increased EA Effectiveness
- Greater IT Process Standardization Also Correlates With Increased EA Effectiveness
- Business Process Standardization Correlates With Increased EA Acceptance
- Greater IT Process Standardization Also Correlates With Increased EA Acceptance
Table of Contents
- Standardization: A Key To Effectiveness
- Focus On Standardization And The Changes It Brings
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Assess Your Readiness For Emerging Technology Opportunities
March 27, 2013 | Brian Hopkins