Financial Services Firms Again Seek To Renew Their Application Landscape
Findings From Our Q3 2010 Global Financial Services Architecture Online Survey
November 8, 2010
Why Read This Report
During the summer of 2010, Forrester surveyed 80 IT decision-makers in financial services (FS) firms in Europe, North America, and, for example, Australia, Japan, and South Africa. Our findings show that an overwhelming majority of firms have both budgets and plans to renew their application landscape and core banking platforms. While each region shares a similar interest in core banking, differences in how to serve various channels exist between North America and Europe. Huge budgets, many exceeding €100 million, present no obstacle for a bank's or an insurance firm's renewal plans. With the renewal train re-accelerating, financial services firms need to get their tickets soon to defend their competitive situation.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Participating Firms Represent The Financial Services Industry
- A Majority Of Firms Have Begun Or Have Plans To Renew Their Application Landscape
- Nearly Three-Quarters Of Respondents Believe Their Firm Needs A Major Renewal
- The Top Five Drivers For The Renewal Of The Application Landscape
- The Focal Points And Capabilities Firms Are Seeking To Support Their Drivers
- Budget Estimates Exceed €350 Million
- In-House Development Is Not The Major Source Of Functionality Anymore
Table of Contents
- If You Have No Plans To Renew Your Application Landscape, You Are Alone
- Key Drivers Accelerate The End Of Baroque Castles
- Off-The-Shelf Apps' Maturity Alleviates The Need For Custom Development
WHAT IT MEANS
- Firms Need To Review Their Starting Point To Avoid New Baroque Castles
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Anatomy Of A Disaster — Learn From Major Banking Platform Transformation Failures
August 15, 2014 | Jost Hoppermann
The Forrester Wave™: Global Banking Platforms, Q4 2012
December 17, 2012 | Jost Hoppermann
Off-The-Shelf Banking Platforms Are Still Scarce In The Cloud
December 8, 2011 | Jost Hoppermann