Insights For CIOs: Make Mobility Standard Business Practice
September 3, 2010
Why Read This Report
The Internet and the mobile Internet have effectively combined — driven by the improvement in networks, devices, and operating systems. This means that we no longer have to consider mobility a separate strategy within our business. As the leaders of the IT function, CIOs must restructure IT to be able to deliver mobility as a matter of standard application delivery. And as an important peer of other business leaders, the CIO must drive different thinking around mobility within the business processes — to begin to make mobile "business as usual."
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Mobility Technologies Are A Priority For IT Departments In 2010
- Many Organizations Are Spending On Mobilizing Applications In 2010
- New Types Of Mobile Device Operating Systems Are Making Their Way Into Enterprises
- Email And Calendar Are Widely Deployed; Mobile LOB Apps Are The Next Opportunity
- Increasing Productivity And Improving Customer Satisfaction Are Key Mobility Benefits
- Prepare To Support Corporate Mobile Application Development Opportunities
Table of Contents
- What CIOs Need To Know About Mobility: It's Not About The Devices Anymore
- CIOs Must Restructure And Retrain To Embed Mobility Into Business Processes
- More Reading On Mobile — And Beyond
- For More Information
- Making Mobility Mainstream Will Drive Innovation In Your Firm
WHAT IT MEANS
- Effective Collaboration Will Be More Important Than Ever
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Quick Take: BlackBerry Acquires Good Technology, Buying Share In The EMM Market
September 8, 2015 | Tyler Shields
Content Providers Are Disrupting China's Mobile Device Market
January 24, 2013 | Bryan Wang
Quick Take: Google Woos Developers With Platform Advances At Google I/O 2015
May 29, 2015 | Jeffrey S. Hammond