Market Overview: North American IT Infrastructure Outsourcing
March 11, 2011
Why Read This Report
IT infrastructure outsourcing (ITO) customers in North America enjoy a growing range of alternatives for services, encompassing a variety of categories including traditional outsourcers, offshore-oriented firms, and emerging, nontraditional alternatives. ITO is a mature industry and ongoing industry consolidation is rampant, which is influencing customer choices at a regional level. Cloud computing offerings like infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS), and software-as-a-service (SaaS) dominate vendor strategies, but the actual buying plans remain modest. Despite the modest current buying plans, cloud computing will contribute significantly to industry evolution during the coming months and years.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($2495 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Best Practice Assessments
- Market Presence Distribution Across Regions, By Vendor
- Enterprises' Buying Intentions For Various "As-A-Service" Offerings
- Different Supplier Types Offer Contrasting Strengths
Table of Contents
- Forecast: Steady Growth Amid Accelerating Market Evolution
- What Are The Principal Alternatives For North American ITO Customers?
- Match Your SVM Strategies And Tactics To The Evolving Industry
WHAT IT MEANS
- IT Infrastructure Management Is Poised For Dramatic Change
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Forrester's Preparedness Assessment For Cloud Computing Adoption
February 1, 2017 | Lauren E. Nelson
Scoring Forrester's 2016 Cloud Predictions
December 22, 2016 | Lauren E. Nelson
Understanding The Cloud Services Provider Landscape
December 20, 2016 | Bill Martorelli