Online Retailing In Australia 2010: Marketing, Merchandising, And Customer Service
July 6, 2010
Why Read This Report
In "Online Retailing In Australia 2010," a Forrester study incorporating data collected in partnership with the Online Retailer Expo & Conference 2010, we found that, on the whole, Australian online retailers are focused on the start and the middle of the purchase journey. In other words, they have emphasized acquisition and conversion over retention, favoring performance-based marketing and low-tech approaches to merchandising and customer service. Until now, they have shied away from engagement tactics like customer reviews, but 34% report that they will launch such measures in the year ahead. They will also focus on content and merchandising. To rebalance their strategies and make smarter investments, the stragglers in Australia should ramp up their Web analytics capabilities.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Timely and relevant, Forrester's RoleView research aligns to 13 leadership roles across business and technology management. Our expertise in customer experience, mobile, digital business, and big data will help your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Most Australian Online Retailers Say Search Has Been Effective
- Australian Online Retailers Are Using Social, But Narrowly
- Australian Online Retailers Will Invest In Online Marketing
- Australian Online Retailers Value Photography
- Australian Online Retailers Have Big Plans For Social
- Australian Online Retailers Favor Email For Customer Support
- Australian Online Retailers Take Basic Approaches To Listening
Table of Contents
- Online Retailers Are Gradually Adding Retention Efforts To Their Mix
- Search Dominates Marketing, But Use of Social Tactics Is On The Rise
- Retailers Focus On Boosting Visual Merchandising
- Retailers Favor Basic Approaches To Helping Customers
- Measure To Better Manage Australian Online Retail
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Next-Generation Digital Financial Services
March 11, 2011 | Alexander Hesse
Western European Online Retail Forecast, 2009 To 2014
March 5, 2010 | Patti Freeman Evans
Trends 2010: European Retail eBusiness And Channel Strategy
February 18, 2010 | Lauriane Camus