The CIO's Role In Business Transformation
June 12, 2013
Why Read This Report
Nearly all business transformations today are technology-dependent and focus on breaking traditional business silos. These are high-risk, high-complexity projects that require knowledge of technology, business processes, and culture change. CIOs are in a unique position to exploit their knowledge of both business and technology to influence or even drive the direction of the transformation. However, our research shows that there are different types of CIOs based on their role in the transformation. These types vary in their degree of both transformation leadership and business involvement. Each CIO must understand his base of influence and the tactics that will be effective for that role.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- CIOs Have Become Critical To Business Transformations
- CIOs Have Multiple Personas In Business Transformations
- The CIO's Role In Activities That Span A Business Transformation
- The CIO's Role In Specific Steps In A Business Transformation
- Lessons Learned From CIOs In Business Transformations
WHAT IT MEANS
- Use The Transformation To Increase Your Influence With The Business
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents