The Global Tech Market Outlook For 2017 To 2018
3% To 4% Growth As Forces Of Disruption Battle With Forces Of Continuity
January 9, 2017
Why Read This Report
2016 was a year of disruptions, both in the political world (Brexit, Trump's election) and in the technology world (cloud, artificial intelligence). CIOs will deal with those disruptions in 2017 and 2018, along with uncertainties about the nature and timing of their impacts. To help CIOs navigate these uncertainties, this report offers Forrester's projections for growth in the tech market, by region and country, by product, and by dimensions like spending on new projects or business technology, as well as advice on what to do if the economic backdrop is better or worse than our projections.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Five Characteristics Of The Global Tech Market In 2017 And 2018
- Global Tech Spending Will Grow At Moderate 3% To 4% Rates
- The US, China, And India Will Lead, With Europe And Japan Lagging
- BT Spending To Support Revenue Will Bolster Tech Market Demand
- Cloud Reshapes Tech Markets; Analytics And Cognitive — Not Yet
- As Uncertainties Crystallize, Better Or Worse Outlooks Will Follow
- Dealing With Uncertainties Becomes The New Certainty For CIOs
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Use An I&O Road Map To Lead I&O Into The Future
April 5, 2016 | Jean-Pierre Garbani
Assess Your I&O Team Readiness To Impact Business Outcome
March 25, 2016 | Jean-Pierre Garbani
Navigate The Future Of Mobile Security
February 6, 2017 | Stephanie Balaouras