The M2M Market Is A Blossoming Opportunity
Strategists: Put M2M In Your Road Map
March 16, 2010
Why Read This Report
Machine-to-machine (M2M) technologies are not new, but today multiple forces align and are taking the broad M2M market to the next level. Declining M2M device costs, widely deployed IP networks, and regulatory mandates are driving more determined demand. Today's M2M solutions use a variety of technologies to monitor and transfer the status of physical assets to improve business problems, like supply chain efficiencies, often in very specific ways in industries such as energy/utilities, healthcare, and transportation. Currently, the majority of today's M2M initiatives are supply-driven, with only early examples of businesses that have deployed M2M solutions and achieved the benefits of M2M implementation. To expedite M2M solution adoption, vendors must establish a clear M2M definition, develop partnerships to support one-stop shopping, and define the value proposition and ROI benefits of M2M solutions.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($2495 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- The Tech Industry Context For M2M Technologies
- Vendors Rush To Stake A Claim In The M2M Market . . . But No Gold Yet
- Market Forces Drive Corporate Interest In M2M Solutions
- M2M Technologies Capture The Condition And Status Of People And Objects
- A Fragmented Vendor Ecosystem Pursues M2M Market Demand
- Challenges Must Be Overcome Before M2M Takes The Next Leap
- Going Vertical And Simplification Will Drive M2M Vendor Victory
- Prepare To Address The Next Wave Of M2M Market Opportunities
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Brief: The Home Depot's Age Of The Customer Transformation
April 17, 2014 | John C. McCarthy
Retool Your Retail Applications To Thrive On Digital Disruption
September 5, 2013 | George Lawrie
Maximizing Innovation From ERP Service Providers
March 24, 2010 | Liz Herbert