The State Of Cloud Platform Standards, Q4 2016
Standards Bodies And Open Source Foundations Learn To Play Nice
October 14, 2016
Why Read This Report
Infrastructure and operations (I&O) professionals look to cloud computing services to enable flexibility and scalability for agile applications, but many fear vendor lock-in. Without standardization, applications, products, and entire businesses are vulnerable to the success and decisions of a single vendor. Standards development organizations (SDOs), market leaders, and open source solutions are creating de facto standards that together influence overall cloud standards. This report examines the current state of cloud standards as well as future projections so I&O pros can make informed cloud strategy decisions.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- De Facto Standards And Open Source Shape Cloud Standards
- SDOs And Standards-Focused Organizations Continue Their Work
- The Open Source World Settles: OpenStack Compatibility Is A Standard
- Keep A Lookout For Tomorrow's Potential Standards
- Portability Of Workloads Is The Next Standards Question
- It's Time To Start Advocating For Cloud Standards
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents