The State Of Consumers And Technology: Benchmark 2009, US
A Life Stage Analysis Of The US Benchmark Survey
September 2, 2009
Why Read This Report
This report is a graphical analysis of Forrester's North American Technographics® Benchmark Survey, 2009. It provides an overview of US consumers' demographics, behaviors, and technology attitudes by life stage. The document includes five-year forecasts on the technology adoption of PCs, Internet, broadband, high-definition televisions (HDTVs), home networks, and DVRs. Highlights from the consumer data show that HDTVs and home networks are the two fastest-growing technologies in 2008; that media consumption is split evenly between traditional and new media among all Americans, but young consumers spend almost 2 hours more with new media; and that four in five US households now have a mobile phone, but mobile Internet uptake shows slow progress.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($2495 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- Technology Adoption Differs With Age And Family Status
- The Five-Year Forecast For Devices And Access
- Tech Adoption Differs With Age And Family Status
- Devices: Families Lead The Gadget Charge
- Media: Older Families Straddle Old And New Media
- Television: Families Go For Digital
- Online: Young Consumers Go Online In More Places
- Marketing: Young Singles And Couples Dig Social
- The PC Market: Families Dominate In Desktops
- Digital Home: Older Families Win "Most Wired" Award
- Mobile: Older Families Have The Most Phones
- Gaming: Consoles Are For Families
- Using The Data: 40,545 Households, 47,946 Adults, And 378 US Brands
- Supplemental Material
US Online Consumer Survey: Technology In The Home, 2008
June 16, 2009 | Corina Matiesanu
The Year Of The Connected TV
March 9, 2009 | James L. McQuivey
802.11n: Laying The Groundwork For The Digital Home
March 4, 2009 | Nathan Safran