The Tablet-TV Connection
April 11, 2012
Why Read This Report
Tablets and TVs are big business: Forrester forecasts that 112.5 million US consumers will own a tablet by 2016, and tablets are disrupting several multibillion-dollar industries related to TV, including cable, broadcasting, advertising, and consumer electronics manufacturing and retailing. Product strategists should read this report to understand consumer behavior related to tablets and TVs as well as to understand what new product experience opportunities exist for the tablet-TV connection. In addition, this report addresses emerging innovation in "social TV" and tablet-TV commerce by startups such as GetGlue, Miso, and Viggle and gives insights into what their relationships to platform players such as Amazon.com, Apple, Facebook, and Google will be in the future.
This document is not available for individual purchase. Become a client to get access to this document and more Forrester research, aligned to leadership roles across business and technology management.
Table of Contents
- Tablets Are A Disruptive Entrant To The Digital Home
- The Tablet-TV Connection Is Largely Complementary
- Product Strategists Begin To Exploit The Tablet-TV Connection
- Design Products That Exploit The Tablet-TV Connection
WHAT IT MEANS
- The Tablet-TV Connection Is Up For Grabs From Any Platform Player
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents