Thought Leaders Are Successful Innovators
Innovation Depends On More Than Product Strategy And Product Marketing
October 18, 2010
Why Read This Report
In the technology industry, thought leadership is as valuable as it is rare. While the industry is full of companies with big ideas, customers treat only a small number of these vendors as thought leaders. Thought leadership depends on a rare combination of traits, all of which describe successful innovators in any industry. However, some of the unique characteristics of the technology industry increase the importance of one of these traits, the ability to communicate success. The choice of communication channels, such as the vendor's Web site, is also an important part of the formula for thought leadership.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Timely and relevant, Forrester's RoleView research aligns to 13 leadership roles across business and technology management. Our expertise in customer experience, mobile, digital business, and big data will help your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- ERP And PLM Impose The Same Requirements For Thought Leadership
- For ERPs, Web Sites Provide The Opportunity For Communicating Thought Leadership
- Web Sites Matter For PLM Vendors, Too
Table of Contents
- Thought Leadership Is A Rare Commodity That Depends On More Than Ideas
- Two Companies, United Only In Thought Leadership
- Thought Leadership Is A Matter Of Perception
- Measure Your Thought Leadership Potential
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Another Year Of Outperformance For The Tech Industry
January 31, 2011 | Christopher Mines
Predictions 2010: The Tech Industry Rebounds Faster Than The Overall Economy
January 29, 2010 | Christopher Mines
Being Innovative Means Moving Beyond The Hype
August 12, 2009 | Christopher Andrews