US Investors Adopt eStatements
But A Majority Of Investors Still Receive Paper Statements
April 1, 2008
Why Read This Report
The adoption of eStatements for financial products in the US continues to grow. More than half of US online consumers with a brokerage account receive an eStatement. But even among investors who have signed up for electronic statements, a wide majority continue to receive a paper version, as well. The top reason why investors don't adopt eStatements? They feel that they need paper for their records. Many holdouts report a willingness to switch if firms offer a combination of financial incentives and help with record-keeping alternatives.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($2495 USD).Purchase
Also in Collection: Electronic Delivery
The Greening Of America — One eStatement At A Time
February 11, 2008 | Catherine Graeber
Pulling The Plug On Paper Statements
September 22, 2008 | Emmett Higdon
The Time Has Come To Eliminate Paper Statements
July 17, 2009 | Emmett Higdon
US Investors Continue To Adopt eStatements
August 21, 2009 | Bill Doyle
Table of Contents
- What's Going On With Consumer Adoption Of eStatements?
- eStatement Success Won't Come Easily
- The eStatement Landscape For Investment Products
- Adopters Move To eStatements For The Environment
- How To Convince Non-Adopters To Ditch Paper
- Brokerage Account eStatement Adoption
- Mutual Fund eStatement Adoption
- 401(k) eStatement Adoption
- Trade Confirmation eStatement Adoption
- Shareholder Communications eStatement Adoption
- Annuity/Life Insurance eStatement Adoption
- Tax-Related eStatement Adoption
- Supplemental Material
More US Investors Adopt eDelivery, But Most Still Get Paper
July 5, 2012 | Bill Doyle
The Case For Channel-Shifting Offline Customers Online
June 24, 2015 | Andy Hoar
Five Global Marketplaces All Brands Must Know
June 9, 2014 | Zia Daniell Wigder