WebSphere 7 Reaffirms IBM's Java Platform Lead
New Reliability And Integration Features Will Simplify Stack Management
January 21, 2011
Why Read This Report
With the seventh generation of its WebSphere software, IBM redefines the state of the art in Java platforms. The WebSphere 7 product family provides application development and delivery pros with new ways to optimize their application architectures, more development frameworks, automatic transactional reliability, simpler configuration and management, and improved stack integration for BPM, portal, and eCommerce projects. For shops struggling with scale, complexity, and high performance in their Java applications, WebSphere 7 may offer both relief and a simpler, easier-to-manage stack. WebSphere 7 also lays the foundation for cloud architectures and multicore hardware.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Table of Contents
- WebSphere 7: Single Foundation, Big Portfolio, Many Uses
- To Grasp WebSphere's Direction, Understand Its Competition
- WebSphere 7 As Infrastructure Brings New Reliability, Flexibility, And Scale
- For Fast App Change, Use High-Level Platforms
- WAS 7 Exposes IBM's New Strategy For Workload Optimized Systems
- Why You Should Care About WebSphere 7
- When And How To Consider WebSphere 7 For Your Application Architectures
WHAT IT MEANS
- IBM Leads In Reliable, Integrated Java Platforms
- Related Research Documents