Your Enterprise Data Archiving Strategy
Data Archiving Is A Flexible Technology That Delivers Many Use Cases
February 23, 2011
Why Read This Report
With growing data volume, increasing data security breaches, and complex application-performance issues, most enterprises today face significant data management challenges. Keeping inactive data online not only creates security risk but also increases infrastructure and database cost. Some enterprises are literally throwing away data to minimize complexity and lower these costs. Although there are several better options available to control data growth, data archiving is the best long-term solution to significantly improve application performance and reduce the cost of servers and storage. Data archiving supports many other requirements, including retiring applications, managing test data, improving database manageability, performing data sharing, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Application development professionals and information architects should consider building an enterprisewide data archiving strategy for large databases and applications.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Timely and relevant, Forrester's RoleView research aligns to 13 leadership roles across business and technology management. Our expertise in customer experience, mobile, digital business, and big data will help your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Best Practice Assessments
- Data Volume Growth Remains A Major Concern For Most
Table of Contents
- Unstoppable Data Explosion Is Putting Pressure On Enterprises
- Data Archiving Remains The Best Option To Tame Production Data Growth
- Building A Successful Data Archiving Strategy Requires Careful Planning
- Third-Party Archiving Solutions Are Essential For An Enterprisewide Strategy
- Best Practices In Database Archiving
- Data Archiving Is Poised For Strong Growth And More Innovation
- An Enterprisewide Data Archiving Strategy Has Become Critical For All
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
The Future Of The Retail Experience
August 13, 2015 | Nigel Fenwick
Create A Customer Engagement Network For Your BT Agenda
April 10, 2015 | Andre Kindness
The Top Emerging Technologies To Watch: Now Through 2020
October 31, 2014 | Brian Hopkins