Trends Report

Auto Insurers Need a Multipronged Approach To Reach US Online Consumers

October 14th, 2019

Summary

Forrester data shows that 49% of US online adults who have opened an auto policy did so with a carrier they already had a relationship with; the other 51% used a variety of tools, such as insurer websites and search engines, to research their coverage options. For consumers looking for price transparency and convenience, comparison review websites offer an alternative to carrier websites and search engines when finding coverage. Millennials are more likely to use comparison review websites when exploring auto insurance, although both Gen Xers and Boomers also use them prominently for research.

Want to read the full report?

This report is available for individual purchase ($1495).

Forrester helps business and technology leaders use customer obsession to accelerate growth. That means empowering you to put the customer at the center of everything you do: your leadership strategy, and operations. Becoming a customer-obsessed organization requires change — it requires being bold. We give business and technology leaders the confidence to put bold into action, shaping and guiding how to navigate today's unprecedented change in order to succeed.