Hands-On Retail Pricing Execution
How To Streamline Retail Pricing Execution
July 14, 2010
Why Read This Report
As retailers adopt more-sophisticated price planning tools to contend with more-complex assortments and more merchandise with shorter life cycles, they face practical challenges in executing their plans. Forrester found that while many retailers expect a quick return on sophisticated pricing technologies, few have figured out the investments they must make to execute pricing plans effectively. Before transferring prices and promotions to point of sale (POS), most retailers have to stage them in merchandising apps to route for authorization and to check for compliance with complex rules expressing the firm's accumulated wisdom about market segmentation and merchandise hierarchy. A few vendors have started to address the problem by incorporating pricing ladder rules and approval routings into their pricing and promotion planning solutions, but the scope for automating price labeling remains largely unexploited.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Timely and relevant, Forrester's RoleView research aligns to 13 leadership roles across business and technology management. Our expertise in customer experience, mobile, digital business, and big data will help your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Large Retailers Responded To The Pricing Execution Survey
- Almost Half Of Retailers Print Labels In Stores
- Retailers With More SKU Store Complexity Responded To The Pricing Execution Survey
- Channel Complexity Challenges Retail Pricing Execution
- Retailers In More-Risky Subverticals Were More Likely To Respond To The Survey
- Respondents Indicated More-Frequent Price Changes As Markets Fragment
- Retailers Worry About Price Collisions
- Retailers Approve Pricing And Promotion Changes In Their Merchandising Apps
- Most Retailers Stage Price Changes In Merchandising Apps
- More Than Half Of Retailers Struggle To Synchronize Price Labels With POS Pricing
Table of Contents
- The Retail Pricing Race Is To The Swift
- Walk, Trot, Run Toward The Pricing Agility Goal
- Start With Warm-Up Exercises
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents