How To Make Connected TVs The Future Of TV
US Connected TV Forecast, 2010 To 2015
August 26, 2010
Why Read This Report
Connected TVs are all the rage. Every TV maker features connectivity in the top half of their lineup, and major retailers have committed to only sell connected TVs by as soon as 2011. Despite this enthusiasm from the supply side, there is no corresponding consumer outcry for connected TVs. This poses a problem for TV product strategists: Making and selling connected TVs does little good if people don't actually use them. So while our forecast for penetration of these TVs is optimistic — a third of US homes will have one by year-end 2015 — we recommend that TV product strategists and marketers work hard to make connected TVs worth buying and using. Built and marketed properly, these TVs can create new consumer experiences that programmers will value and advertisers will sponsor.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- A Clear Majority Of US Online Adults Have Never Heard Of Connected TVs
- Consumers Show Little Enthusiasm For Connected TVs
- Most People Want To Use Connected TVs To Watch More TV
- Connected TV Owners Aren't Exactly Thrilled
- Forecast: US Connected TVs, 2010 To 2015
Table of Contents
- Connected TVs Are A Big Deal, At Least To Those Who Make Them
- Connected TVs Will Reach A Third Of Homes By 2015
- TV Product Strategists: It's Finally Time To Believe In Interactivity
WHAT IT MEANS
- If TV Interactivity Is Finally Here, Everyone Will Want In
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
A Marketer's Guide To The Mobile Mind Shift
January 23, 2017 | Jennifer Wise
The Forrester Wave™: Product Information Management Solutions, Q4 2016
December 5, 2016 | Fiona Swerdlow
Vendor Landscape: Native Advertising Technologies, Q3 2016
September 22, 2016 | Ryan Skinner