Mobile Channel Strategy: An Overview
How eBusiness Leaders Should Approach Mobile As A Sales And Service Channel
June 2, 2011
Why Read This Report
Across the globe, the mobile channel is growing at a rapid rate. eBusiness and channel strategy leaders at B2B and B2C firms are at the forefront: 94% of eBusiness managers we surveyed are either responsible for or involved in the planning of a mobile strategy. Unclear strategies for the channel, lack of expertise, and technical challenges hinder execution, though, as eBusiness professionals race to catch up with skyrocketing consumer adoption of mobile activities. Creating a mobile strategy requires cross-functional cooperation, a methodical approach to strategy creation that starts by examining customer use of the channel, and clearly defined metrics. eBusiness and channel strategy professionals must determine how the mobile channel's unique characteristics of simplicity, immediacy, and context can translate into multichannel, cross-channel, or mobile-only offerings.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Most eBusiness Managers Have Had A Defined Mobile Strategy For Less Than A Year
- Many eBusiness Teams Begin By Brainstorming And Evangelizing The Channel Internally
- eBusiness Teams Have More Than Five Employees, On Average, Dedicated To Mobile
- More Than Two-Thirds Of eBusiness Teams Plan To Increase Their Investment In Mobile
- Most Mobile Strategies Are Customer-Focused
- Limited Mobile Expertise And Technology Concerns Worry eBusiness Managers
- : Mobile Shopping In The US
Table of Contents
- eBusiness Professionals Lead Or Help Develop Mobile Strategies
- Consumer Adoption Of Mobile eBusiness Activities Will Continue To Rise
- Creating The Right eBusiness Mobile Strategy
WHAT IT MEANS
- Success Requires Analytics As Part Of An Evolution To Agile Commerce
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Brief: Don't Make Your Customers Call You For Service
May 16, 2016 | Kate Leggett
Retailers Plan To Expand Online Customer Service Channels In 2010
March 18, 2010 | Diane Clarkson
Channel Management: Core To Your Customer Service Strategy
January 20, 2015 | Kate Leggett