Profiling Your Best Mobile Customers
A Picture Of European Mobile-Savvy Users
July 6, 2010
Why Read This Report
iPhone users, despite being the heaviest users of mobile services, are only a subset of your customer base. Forrester's data shows that they represent just 2% of the European mobile population. A much larger near- and medium-term opportunity exists within other groups — particularly among young consumers, business users, and consumers with flat-rate data plans — as well as, increasingly, with new, competing smartphone platforms. In fact, if you're not targeting them, you're neglecting the majority of your customer base — including many consumers who are mobile-savvy but don't have an iPhone. It is key for companies defining new mobile products and services to better profile their own audiences. Identifying your own mobile-savvy users and how they behave on other channels and consume other media is a critical step in defining your portfolio of mobile products and services and in engaging with your customers via mobile devices.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- iPhone Users Lead The Pack . . .
- . . . But Weekly Usage Of Mobile Services Is Taking Off Among Other Groups
- Ninety-Six Percent Of European 16- To 24-Year-Olds Do Not Own An iPhone
- At The Very Minimum, Know The Profile Of The Mobile-Savvy Users You Are Targeting
Table of Contents
- There Are Consumer Mobile Opportunities Beyond The iPhone!
- Match Your New Mobile Services With Diverse And Evolving Mobile Audiences
- Closely Monitor The Evolution Of Mobile Consumers' Profiles
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
US Online Banking Forecast, 2009 To 2014
July 31, 2009 | Emmett Higdon
Forrester Data Online Holiday Retail Sales Forecast, 2016 (US)
November 16, 2016 | Susan Wu
Content Marketers Should Use Messaging Apps To Build Long-Term Customer Relationships
July 24, 2015 | Clement Teo