The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Content Management, Q4 2011
EMC, IBM, OpenText, And Oracle Lead, With Microsoft Close Behind
November 1, 2011
Why Read This Report
In Forrester's 66-criteria evaluation of enterprise content management (ECM) vendors, we found that EMC, IBM, OpenText, and Oracle lead the pack because of their abilities to address all four content-centric technology areas. Microsoft challenges the leaders with enhanced capabilities in business, foundational, and persuasive content. Strong Performer Hyland Software strengthens its position by enhancing its business and foundational capabilities to complement its traditional image and archive focus. Strong Performers HP and Xerox find success by targeting business and foundational content, while Strong Performer Perceptive Software targets business and transactional content. Contender Allen Systems Group (ASG) has found success by focusing on transactional content, and Contender Alfresco Software continues to strengthen its ECM functionality by focusing on business and foundational content.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($2495 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Vendor Selection Aids
- Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Content Management, Q4 '11 Overall
- Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Content Management, Q4 '11 Foundational
- Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Content Management, Q4 '11 Business
- Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Content Management, Q4 '11 Transactional
Table of Contents
- Say Goodbye To ECM Suites; Content-Centric Technologies Are ECM's Future
- Role Players Put Pressure On The Traditional Heavyweights
- ECM Vendor Evaluation Overview
- The Four Horsemen Lead While Role Players Address Specific Content Areas
- Vendor Profiles
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
The Forrester Wave™: Human Resource Management Systems, Q1 2012
January 25, 2012 | Paul D. Hamerman
The Forrester Wave™: Information Security Consulting Services, Q1 2013
February 1, 2013 | Ed Ferrara
Maximize Business Performance With A World-Class GRC Program
February 2, 2017 | Claire O'Malley