The State Of Online Testing 2010
Findings From The Forrester Wave™ Evaluation On Online Testing
November 17, 2010
Why Read This Report
During the Forrester Wave™ evaluation of online testing applications, we surveyed 79 online testing customers about their vendor partnerships and online testing practices. Online testing's ability to provide quantitative insight into the effectiveness of marketing promotions and Web site design choices make it a crucial component of the Web intelligence hub. Firms operating consumer- and commerce-oriented Web sites are coming to the online testing party first, but adoption is picking up across firms of all stripes. Users report that online testing is a resource- and process-intensive effort but one with a big payoff. Firms universally see benefits across a range of optimization targets, including promotions, content, forms, and technical decisions that make online testing a worthwhile investment.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Users Deploy Online Testing To Address A Variety Of Challenges
- Online Testing Is Most Frequently Used For Consumer Marketing
- Online Testing Adoption Varies By Industry
- Users Work With A Variety Of Partners In Differing Capacities For Online Testing Help
- A Wide Spectrum Of Factors Influence Vendor Selection
- Challenges To Online Testing Are Process Oriented
- Users Want Vendors To Improve Application Reporting And Usability
- Online Testing Users Optimize Goals That Drive Revenue
- Online Testing Successfully Drives A Variety Of Metrics
Table of Contents
- Online Testing Offers Broad Benefits But Adoption Varies
- Ultimately, Online Testing Is Rewarding
- You Can't Afford To Be Without An Online Testing Program
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Five Pitfalls To Avoid When Executing A Retail eCommerce Strategy
March 18, 2016 | Sucharita Mulpuru
2013 eBusiness Organizational Trends
April 30, 2013 | Martin Gill
Websites That Don't Support Customers Waste Millions
August 21, 2012 | Megan Burns