US Tablet Buyers Are Multi-PC Consumers
Product Strategists Must Position PCs And Peripherals Within A Multidevice Lifestyle
August 19, 2010
Why Read This Report
The success of the Apple iPad has created a halo around tablets in general: Consumers are interested in these devices, even if they're confused about what they actually are. US online consumers who own or intend to buy iPads and other tablets fit a typical early-adopter profile, and their characteristics have implications for product strategists designing tablets to compete with the iPad. They own multiple PCs and connected devices; they're voracious media consumers; and they have an affinity for other Apple products but aren't exclusively "Apple-ites." Product strategists should use these insights both to create would-be iPad competitors and to position other devices and peripherals as complementary to tablets in a multi-PC ecosystem.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Customers are the new market-makers, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success depends on how well and how fast you respond. Forrester Research gives you insights and frameworks aligned to your role to shorten the time between a great idea and a great outcome, helping your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Models and Calculators
- Consumers Want To Buy A Tablet, Even Though They Don't Know What They Are
- Tablet Buyers Are Socially Connected Device Junkies
- Tablet Buyers Are Heavy Online Media Consumers
- It's Not Just Mac Owners Who Want An iPad
- Less Than One-Fifth Of iPad Buyers Have An iPhone
Table of Contents
- The iPad Has Kicked Off Tablet Mania
- Contrary To Popular Belief, Grandma Isn't Buying The iPad
- iPad Buyers Aren't Exclusively Apple-Ites
- Pitch Tablets To The Multidevice Consumer
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
Value Your Subscribers More Accurately
August 8, 2012 | Shar VanBoskirk
Website Functionality Benchmark: European Consumer Electronics Retailers
September 12, 2011 | Martin Gill