The Future Of Mobile Is User Context
Context Transforms Product Opportunities For Consumer Product Strategists
July 11, 2011
Why Read This Report
Consumers will adopt and use convenient services and products. In mobile, this means services that offer immediacy and simplicity through a highly contextual experience. The ability to deliver highly contextual experiences will evolve in sophistication with technology in the phone. Consumer product strategy (CPS) professionals must leverage context to create and deliver product experiences that enhance the overall perceived value of a product. Not all CPS professionals need to move at the same pace. They must first incorporate context into digital products such as games and media today while assisting their eBusiness and interactive marketing counterparts in their use of mobile to deliver more targeted experiences. Longer term, CPS professionals must lead efforts among their colleagues throughout their organizations as they begin to use new sensors to detect context and motion to control the devices and services on them.
Already a Client?
Log in to read this document.
Become a Forrester Client
Timely and relevant, Forrester's RoleView research aligns to 13 leadership roles across business and technology management. Our expertise in customer experience, mobile, digital business, and big data will help your teams win in the age of the customer. Contact us to learn more.
This report is available for individual purchase ($499 USD).Purchase
Tools And Templates
Best Practice Assessments
- The Mobile Velocity Scorecard
Table of Contents
- Mobile Phones Will Be Your Customers' Preeminent Digital Engagement Channel
- Contextual Experiences Are The Future Of Mobile
- Technology Innovations Are Driving User Context Capability
- Few Professionals Developing Digital Strategies Leverage Context Today
- Building Highly Contextual Services Is A Journey
- Set Your Company's Pace For Mobile Context
- Highly Contextual Experiences Deliver Value Beyond Pure Convenience
- Embrace Context To Differentiate Your Products
WHAT IT MEANS
- The Cost Of Convenience Is Privacy
- Supplemental Material
- Related Research Documents
The Global Mainstreaming Of Smartphones
September 15, 2011 | Charles S. Golvin
Case Study: PagesJaunes Embraces The Local Social Web To Drive Mobile Product Innovation
June 17, 2011 | Thomas Husson
Western European Mobile Games Forecast, 2010 To 2015
August 27, 2010 | Thomas Husson