The topic of big data has been hot in 2011, and a lot of enterprise architects are wondering what it is, how it's different, what they should do about it, and when. Forrester believes that big data is a big deal, but maybe for different reasons than clients might expect, and has developed a research agenda to cover the topic.
In his first Teleconference, Principal Analyst Brian Hopkins sets the stage for big data by presenting findings from his research. The presentation covers: 1) what Forrester thinks big data is; 2) what is different about big data solutions; 3) what clients have told us about their big data efforts; 4) the common big data utilization patterns; and 5) what we think enterprise architects need to do about it now and think about for later.
- Big data — what it is and is not
- What you told us about big data
- Big data usage patterns and technologies
- Benefits and challenges of big data solutions
- What we think it means and what you need to do