In recent years, "study abroad" has taken on a whole new meaning — on brand new campuses. Many universities have established satellite campuses in host countries across the globe. These campuses combine distance learning with local campus and classroom experiences, creating a blended learning experience. However, these new outposts exacerbate the complexity of traditionally decentralized and uncoordinated (and increasingly costly) university information and communications technology (ICT); universities already face public cost concerns and increased competition. To better enable global cross-campus collaboration and to facilitate strategy definition and change management in education ICT, technology vendor strategists must leverage their own knowledge of global enterprise deployment and experience in corporate learning.
- An Overview Of The Booming Demand For Global Education
- A Discussion Of How Technology Enables And Enriches Global Expansion
- Suggestions For Vendors On How To Sharpen Their Focus On The University Expansion Opportunity
- How Vendors Can Tap Experience And Local Expertise To Exploit Education Opportunities
- Why Vendors Need To Help Drive The Maturity of University IT
Vendors mentioned: Acsys, Apollo Group, Cisco Systems, Cognizant, Emerson College, IBM, Infosys, Jive Software, Logicalis, Moodle, Ning, Oracle, SunGard, and Wipro IT Business.