Today, at the Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR) CPG Summit, “Winning In A Wal-Mart World,” 200 senior sales, marketing, brand, and IT executives will learn how to combat intense industry competition, fickle consumers, and retail consolidation by investing in technology. The one-day Summit is being held at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers.
“Wal-Mart has changed the rules of the game for the CPG industry,” said Kate Delhagen, research director at Forrester. “By capitalizing on today’s technology offerings, Wal-Mart has been able to improve its marketing efficiencies, strengthen customer relationships, and cut supply chain and logistical costs. Wal-Mart used technology to leap ahead, and the time has come for the rest of the industry to do the same.
“CPG manufacturers will learn from industry leaders how to set their technology investment priorities, as well as which technologies to invest in,” added Delhagen. “We will also focus on consumer expectations and how firms can better meet the demands of today¿s savvy customer.”
Industry speakers include:
- Vivienne Lee Bechtold, Marketing Director, Global Marketing Center of Excellence, Procter & Gamble
- Kevin Smith, Senior Vice President, Supply Chain & Logistics, CVS/pharmacy
- Marc C. van Gelder, President and CEO, Peapod
- Colin Dyer, Chief Executive Officer, WorldWide Retail Exchange (WWRE)
- Kevin Ashton, Executive Director, Auto-ID Center, MIT
- Michael D. Moore, Worldwide Director, Purina Interactive Group, Nestlé Purina PetCare Co.
Forrester speakers include:
- Robert Rubin, Director
- Christine Spivey Overby, Analyst
- Bruce D. Temkin, Principal Analyst