Forrester Research Announces New Senior Management Hires
Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR) today announced that it has increased the expertise and depth of its management team to better support its research¿based products and services to $1 billion¿plus companies worldwide. During the past year, the company has brought on 10 new senior hires to join its management ranks.
“We’re hiring to sustain our success and position us for future growth,” stated George F. Colony, Forrester’s chairman of the board and chief executive officer. “As Forrester’s performance continues to improve, we are investing in top talent to maximize our momentum. The experts who have recently joined Forrester will augment what we do best: help our clients better understand the impact of technology on their business, which in turn makes them more successful in their jobs.”
With an average of 18 years of experience in their fields of expertise, the following new senior hires are respected veterans in the areas of technology, market research, consumer research, global business development, and strategic marketing:
- Brad M. Bortner — Director, Custom Research (CR), the Americas. Bortner oversees Forrester’s Custom Research, which conducts proprietary consumer research and analysis for businesses. He brings more than 15 years of senior management and consulting experience, along with expertise in market research to his role at the firm. Prior to joining Forrester, Bortner held senior positions at comScoreQ(2), Censydiam USA, and MSI Consulting.
- Nigel Fenwick — Vice President and Practice Leader, Forrester Leadership Boards, IT Programs, the Americas. Fenwick heads Forrester’s leadership programs in the IT space, including The CIO Group and Forrester’s IT Councils. He brings 23 years of technology and management experience to the role. Prior to joining Forrester, Fenwick held senior executive positions in software sales and marketing for BizBrick and Transatlantic Software, and in IT for Reebok International, including CIO for Reebok UK.
- Dwight Griesman — Vice President and Practice Leader, Forrester Leadership Boards, Marketing Programs, the Americas. Griesman oversees Forrester’s executive peer-network offerings for marketers, including The CMO Group. He has more than 25 years of experience in marketing, research, and sales. Prior to joining Forrester, Griesman held senior positions at The Forbes Consulting Group, Hasbro, and Welch’s.
- Dennis Kanemitsu — Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Asia Pacific (AP). Kanemitsu directs Forrester’s sales, strategic marketing, operations, and business development initiatives across Asia Pacific. As a veteran in technology¿related businesses, he brings more than 20 years of domestic and international experience managing technology, software, and service organizations to the firm. Prior to joining Forrester, Kanemitsu held executive positions at IBM, Extricity Software, and Informix.
- Jan Louwes — Vice President of Sales, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). Louwes is responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of the sales strategy in EMEA. He brings 20 years of international business, sales, and marketing experience to this position. Prior to joining Forrester, Louwes held senior posts at KPN NV and KPN subsidiaries (Netherlands), AT&T and AT&T Unisource (USA), and ABN AMRO.
- Fiona McDonnell — Director of Marketing, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). McDonnell is responsible for creating and executing the firm’s strategic Events and marketing initiatives in EMEA. McDonnell initially joined Forrester as a senior research analyst covering marketing. She assumed the overall marketing management responsibilities last year and brings 14 years of commercial experience to the role. Before joining Forrester, she served in management positions at Nike European Operations NBV (Netherlands), PriceWaterhouseCoopers (England), and Kellogg Company (England).
- David Metcalfe — Senior Vice President of Research, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). In 2005, Metcalfe returned to Forrester after working as head of analysis and forecasting at BT, the UK’s largest telecom provider. In his current role, he oversees Forrester’s research and consulting business in the EMEA region with a focus on research strategy, change programs, and product management. Previously Metcalfe applied his extensive technology research and management experience as a vice president and research director at Forrester.
- Mark R. Nemec, Ph.D. — Vice President, Forrester Leadership Boards, the Americas. Nemec comes to Forrester with 15 years of strategic and operational management experience regarding the creation, implementation, and instruction of knowledge communities. He heads the Forrester Leadership Boards program and manages executive and peer¿to¿peer learning programs in the Americas. Prior to joining Forrester, Nemec held senior positions at The Advisory Board Company, served on the faculty of Davidson College, and recently published the book Ivory Towers and Nationalist Minds, chronicling the role of knowledge communities in societal innovation and reform.
- Ian Taylor — Head of Forrester Leadership Boards, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). Taylor is responsible for driving the Forrester Leadership Boards’ membership business in EMEA. He brings 23 years of international strategic operational experience from across the IT, software, telecom, commercial, and government sectors to his role at the firm. Prior to joining Forrester, Taylor held top positions at Intershop, EDS, and Metromedia Fiber Networks.
- Paul Warren — Vice President and Practice Leader for Consulting, the Americas. Warren returns to Forrester after spending six years in executive roles at technology and professional service firms. He is responsible for establishing and executing the strategic plan for the consulting practice, in addition to driving its sales and marketing initiatives. Warren has more than 20 years of senior¿level experience, including four years at Forrester as vice president of technology and director of information technology. Prior to joining Forrester, he held senior posts at Back Bay Technologies, Breakaway Solutions, and Malden Mills Industries.