Businesses are at risk at both ends of the workforce spectrum. The US could face labor and skills shortages of crisis proportions as 76 million baby boomers retire throughout the next two decades, leaving prospective and unfilled positions in all industries. The incoming workforce will not only expect technology to help make up for a lack of skills and experience, but also rely on it personally and professionally. According to Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR), many business are in denial about and unprepared to manage the extremes of the changing workforce.
During a press event at its Executive Strategy Forum 2005, Forrester will bring together a panel of experts to outline the issues behind the changing workforce and the role of technology as part of the real-world solution. Panelists include:
- Connie Moore, Vice President, Research Director, Forrester Research
- Cynthia Heckmann, Deputy CIO, Government Accountability Office (GAO)
- Lisa Tondreau, Partner, Human Capital Management Americas Leader, IBM Business Consulting Services
- John F. Rockart, Senior Lecturer Emeritus, Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Academic Vice President of the Society for Information Systems
Topics of discussion include:
- How the public sector and IT industry are dealing with the double whammy of a retiring workforce and a threatening skills shortage.
- How organizations can use this predicament as a catalyst for change, including implementing new methods and policies to better share and collect corporate information.
- How to train the incoming workforce using new technologies.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern time
The Westin Copley Place
St. George A
10 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
For those not able to attend the Executive Strategy Forum, please join us via teleconference:
+1 877/485-3108 in the US and Canada
+1 201/689-8264 outside the US
A replay will be available immediately following the conference:
+1 877/660-6853 in the US and Canada
+1 201/612-7415 outside the US
Account #: 242
Conference #: 178063
The press event and a similar client-focused session on mitigation strategies are part of Forrester’s Executive Strategy Forum’s overall focus on IT’s strategic role in driving global competitiveness. More information is available at http://www.forrester.com/Events/Overview/0,5158,1023,00.html
To register and receive a copy of press materials or to schedule an interview, please provide your full contact information to email@example.com.