Most organizations started 2020 planning to tackle digital transformation, innovation, and customer obsession. But then the global pandemic exploded everyone’s agendas, requiring lightning-fast reprioritization and rapid implementation of technology solutions to address a drastically changing work environment. The best enterprise architecture (EA) teams were directly involved in responding to the crisis while continuing to enable the original business goals. They enabled all these disparate goals with their deep technology understanding and internal operating models that helped enterprises survive and even thrive despite the crisis.
Our 2020 Enterprise Architecture Award Winners played leading roles in their firms’ response to the pandemic as well as enabled their digital transformation efforts, all with impressive results. Leadership, collaboration, business smarts, tech smarts, and an agile operating model are the hallmarks of today’s high-impact EA teams.
Nominate Yourself For The 2021 Enterprise Architecture Awards
Each year, Forrester and InfoWorld highlight the EA programs that have made a significant impact on their organizations — embracing the opportunities for helping their business be customer-led, insights-driven, fast, and connected. We are now accepting nominations for the 2021 Enterprise Architecture Awards.
If you have a story to tell, we encourage you to submit it to the Forrester/InfoWorld 2021 Enterprise Architecture Awards. Describe how you are helping your firm succeed at its strategy, such as:
- You helped your organization become an insights-driven business.
- You guided the development and execution of a digital transformation strategy.
- You helped your firm embrace agile methods and scaled these methods to the enterprise.
- Your team has cracked the nut of measuring EA’s contribution and value.
- Or any other way you helped your organization to be successful.
Want some inspiration? Read about previous Enterprise Architecture Awards winners:
- 2020 Enterprise Architecture Award winners
- 2019 Enterprise Architecture Award winners
- 2018 Enterprise Architecture Award winners
- 2017 Enterprise Architecture Award winners
- 2016 Enterprise Architecture Award winners
- 2015 Enterprise Architecture Award winners
- 2014 Enterprise Architecture Award winners
- 2013 Enterprise Architecture Award winners
- 2012 Enterprise Architecture Award winners
- 2011 Enterprise Architecture Award winners
- 2010 Enterprise Architecture Award winners
As with the previous Enterprise Architecture Awards, what we look for and how we judge haven’t changed:
- We’re looking for submissions about an EA program — about what your EA program did, not about a project that you were peripherally involved with.
- You should be able to point to concrete impact and benefits.
- The judges for this year’s winners are all from previous years’ winners, so your submission needs to convince your peers that it shows impact and offers a model for other EA programs.
- Submit your nomination by mailing your entry as a Word document of 3,000 words or fewer to Gene Leganza at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the phrase “Forrester/InfoWorld EA Awards” in the subject line. We will send an acknowledgement within two business days.
Be sure to include:
- Contact info
- A very brief description of your firm or organization
- A brief description of the problem you were trying to solve
- A description of what you did to address the problem
- A description of your results
- A brief overview of your EA program:
- How long it has been in existence
- Structure: federated, centralized, distributed
- Approximate number of architects by role in central and distributed positions associated with the program
Submissions close on June 28. We’ll notify semifinalists by August 2. At that time, we’ll ask for additional information. We’ll announce winners on September 20.