Today, at the sixth annual Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR) Finance Forum, “Winning The Next Financial Services Consumer,” industry experts will share their strategies to attract and retain financial services consumers in the next five years. The two-day Forum will attract more than 400 senior business and financial-service executives to the Hilton New York and will conclude May 7.
“Consumers who use the Internet for personal banking and finance are becoming more mistrustful, more insecure, and more hands-on. Before today’s customers will consider giving their business to a firm, they want to believe that a company is out for the client’s best interest,” said Bill Doyle, group director at Forrester. “Our speakers will show how smart banks, brokerages, mutual funds, credit unions, and credit card companies must objectively match the appropriate products to the appropriate customer at the right time.”
This two-day Forum will help executives learn what products and marketing messages will appeal to the next financial consumer — so they can find new customers, keep existing customers, sell more products and services, and grow their way out of the recession. Business and financial services executives and technology strategists will learn:
- Who the next financial services consumer is.
- Which cross-sell strategies will work.
- How the role of human advisors will change.
- What technologies firms will need to manage relationships with the next generation of financial services consumers.
- Which providers have the right people, processes, and technologies to win.
Industry Speakers Include:
- Scott G. McNealy, Chairman, President, and CEO, Sun Microsystems
Topic: “Building The Next Financial Services Infrastructure”
- James T. Rager, Vice Chairman, RBC Banking, RBC Financial Group
Topic: “The Cross-Sell Imperative”
- Deborah A. Beck, Executive Vice President, Planning and Technology, Northwestern MutualTopic: “Aligning IT And Business Strategy”
- Mark A. Ernst, Chairman, President, and CEO, H&R Block
Topic: “Serving Middle America”
- Daniel Kahneman, 2002 Nobel Laureate, Economics; Professor, Psychology and Public Affairs, Princeton University
Topic: “Mind Over Money: Understanding Investor Behavior”
- John W. Bachmann, Managing Partner, Edward Jones
Topic: “The Value Of A Personal Touch”
- Mark Greene, Global General Manager of Banking, IBM
Topic: “The Changing Payments Landscape”
Forrester’s eCommerce panel will discuss how to best utilize the online channel in a multichannel environment. Participating panelists:
- Catherine Graeber, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research, Inc.
- Mary A. McDuffie, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Navy Federal Credit Union
- Lawrence G. Baxter, Chief eCommerce Officer, Wachovia
- Sanjay Gupta, SVP, Director, Online Marketing, Bank of America
- Michael F. Jackson, President, eCommerce, Regions Financial Corporation
Forrester Speakers Include:
- Bill Doyle, Group Director
- Ron Shevlin, Principal Analyst
- John P. Dalton, Senior Analyst
- Jaime Punishill, Senior Analyst
- John C. McCarthy, Group Director