At its first annual Security Forum, Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR) will help senior security professionals effectively mitigate today’s increasingly complex threats while selecting the right security strategies, governance, and technologies to prepare for the unknown. On September 7 and 8 at the InterContinental Buckhead in Atlanta, Forrester’s Security Forum 2006 will offer attendees an opportunity to learn about and share real-world examples, emerging technologies, and ways to transform security from a cost of doing business into an asset.
In addition to Forrester analysts, featured speakers include the following well-respected security executives in key industries and technologies:
- William R. Cheswick, Chief Scientist, Lumeta Corporation
- Ken Dunham, Director, Rapid Response Team, iDEFENSE, A VeriSign Company
- Rich Jackson, Chief Information Protection Officer & General Manager of Global Information Risk Management, Chevron
- John Meakin, Group Head of Information Security, Standard Chartered Bank
- Claudia Natanson, Chief Information Security Officer, Diageo
- William F. Pelgrin, Director, Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination, New York State
- Paul Raines, Chief Information Security Officer, UN Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
- Adam Stubblefield, Senior Security Analyst, Independent Security Evaluators
“Today, security executives spend more time putting out fires than they do planning for the future, which means that they don’t have time to navigate large events to learn about new technologies or about building risk management discipline,” said Laura Koetzle, vice president and research director of Security research, Forrester Research. “We designed the Security Forum so that attendees can easily engage in intimate discussions with leaders in industry and research, with vendors, and with their global peers.”
The Forrester Leadership Boards Security & Risk Management Council will also host its September member meetings on September 6 at the InterContinental Buckhead. Forrester analysts and Council members will lead in-depth discussions on data security, information classification, and enterprise risk and compliance. The Council offers unique analyst access combined with peer networking for security executives. More information about the Council is available at flb.forrester.com.
For complete information on the Security Forum, contact Forrester Events at +1 888/343-6786 or visit www.forrester.com/securityforum2006. Members of the media can register for the Event or schedule interviews by providing their full contact information to email@example.com.