Forrester Research’s Headquarters Awarded LEED Platinum For Corporate Interiors By USGBC
Forrester Research’s corporate headquarters has been certified LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Platinum for corporate interiors by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), the foremost program for buildings, homes, and communities that are designed, constructed, maintained, and operated for improved environmental and human health performance. Platinum certification is the highest possible rating from USGBC.
Forrester is committed to providing a sustainable and healthy working environment and is one of only a handful of companies that has achieved the distinction in Cambridge, Mass. Some of the strategies used by Forrester to achieve LEED certification included:
- Specification of recycled and regional materials.
- 97% usage of FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified wood products.
- Use of low-emitting VOC (volatile organic compounds) materials.
- Diverting almost 80% of onsite construction waste from landfills.
- 35% reduction in both water use and lighting power.
- The purchase of green power.
More information on this award can be found in the press release.