Forrester¿s First Enterprise Architecture Forum Directs Architects On Driving IT Innovation
The inaugural Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR) Enterprise Architecture Forum demonstrated to attending IT and business executives how a well-executed enterprise architecture program can accelerate value delivery using technology trends — such as service-oriented architecture, business process management, and Web 2.0 — and proactive approaches to improve business efficiency and flexibility.
More than 300 IT and business strategy professionals — among them, chief architects, enterprise architects, network architects, and CIOs — attended the two-day event in San Diego, which concluded on Friday, February 8.
Keynote addresses were given by the following industry and technology leaders:
- Theo Beack, Vice President and Deputy CTO, BEA Systems
- Patrick Buech, Product Manager for ARIS IT Architect, IDS Scheer
- Kevin Lynch, Chief Technology Officer, Adobe Systems
- Dan Meers, Vice President, Enterprise Architecture, Freddie Mac
- Carrie Oakes, Vice President of Product Marketing, Blue Coat Systems
- Jan Popkin, Strategist, Telelogic
- Eric Stephens, Solutions Architect, Enterprise Architecture and Integration Team, Excellus BCBS
- Hub Vandervoort, Chief Technology Officer, Enterprise Infrastructure, Progress Software
The Forum was also the backdrop for a meeting of the Forrester Leadership Boards’ Enterprise Architecture Council. The one-day program designed for council members focused on building a culture of innovation.
Forrester’s Enterprise Architecture Forum had 12 sponsors, including platinum sponsor Progress Software. BEA Systems, Blue Coat, and IDS Scheer were gold sponsors of the event.