The first Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR) Services And Sourcing Forum demonstrated to attending sourcing and vendor management professionals how they can drive strategic business value from their sourcing decisions. More than 250 professionals attended the two-day event, which concluded today in Orlando, Fla.
The event also marked the first meeting of the Forrester Leadership Boards’ Sourcing & Vendor Management Council, a peer-to-peer group for executives who drive technology investments and sourcing decisions. Council members, invited guests and Forrester analysts discussed best practices in running a vendor management office, sourcing strategies, effective metrics for vendor management and sourcing risk assessment. The next Sourcing & Vendor Management Council meeting will be held on November 28 in conjunction with Forrester’s Services And Sourcing Forum EMEA in Nice, France.
“The sourcing role in an organization is often largely misunderstood as being about negotiating rate cards. And many people feel it begins and ends with RFP process which, in fact, is only a small piece of the puzzle,” said Forrester Research Vice President and Research Director Christine Ferrusi Ross.
“Businesses can achieve greater value from their sourcing decisions in advance of the RFP by preparing better internally, particularly getting better quality requirements from internal stakeholders. Equally important, Forrester has found, is the day-to-day management of that relationship once the contact has been signed. This Event was designed for sourcing and vendor management professionals, chief information officers, and procurement executives to unlock business value through strategic sourcing.”
Keynote addresses from the following industry and technology leaders provided a host of best practices to address issues facing organizations that engage with providers:
- Sambuddha Deb, Chief Quality Office, Wipro Technologies
- James Harris, Global Managing Director, Infrastructure Outsourcing, Accenture
- John P. Hurley, Senior Director, Supply Chain Management, Citrix Systems
- Robert Maguire, Senior Director of Technology and Application Services, Merck
- Raffi Markarian, Principal, Deloitte Tax
- Mark Mayo, Partner and Managing Director, Business Optimization Solutions, TPI
- Lawrence S. Raff, Partner, Advisory Services, KPMG
- Dana Stewart, First Vice President, Global Resourcing Office, Bank of New York Mellon
In addition, the following industry leaders participated in breakout sessions moderated by Forrester analysts:
- Dave Higham, Vendor Management Manager, Russell
- Peter T. Lowes, Principal, Outsourcing Advisory Services Practice, Deloitte
- Maureen McKinney, Vendor Management Director, Nike
Forrester’s Services And Sourcing Forum had 11 sponsors, including premier sponsor Wipro Technologies. Additional sponsors included HP, Cognizant, Neoris, and Satyam Computer Services.