The economic downturn dampened technology innovation. Shrinking IT budgets forced corporate IT departments to focus on existing investments rather than experiment with new technologies. As the economy begins its recovery, smart leaders will focus on innovations like simpler connections and smarter devices that will alter existing business models. Forrester¿s Executive Strategy Forum features a stellar speaker lineup and will show how investments in emerging technologies like Web services, the extended and executable Internet, and business networks will reinvent the rules and the best practices for gaining market share.
Forrester Research Executive Strategy Forum, “Managing In The Recovery: Using Technology To Recapture Momentum”
This Event will provide senior business leaders responsible for technology strategy, CTOs evaluating tech investments, and business managers driving strategic initiatives with the answers to these questions:
- Which new emerging technologies will drive business profitability?
- How should firms organize to thrive in this new landscape?
- What existing technologies will provide long-term benefits?
- How can you satisfy new consumer expectations?
November 6-8, 2002
- November 6, 6:00-8:00 p.m. – Registration and Technology Showcase Reception
- November 7, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. – Speaker Presentations
- November 8, 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. – Speaker Presentations
Featured speakers include:
- Kenneth I. Chenault, Chairman and CEO, American Express Co.
- Thomas G. Stemberg, Executive Chairman of the Board, Staples
- Kevin B. Rollins, President and Chief Operating Officer, Dell Computer Corp.
- Douglas T. Elix, SVP, Group Executive, IBM Global Services
- David A. Jones, Chairman, Humana
- Lawrence H. Summers, President, Harvard University, and Former Secretary of the US Treasury
- Marc Andreessen, Chairman and Co-Founder, Opsware, formerly Loudcloud
- Tony E. Scott, Chief Technology Officer, General Motors
- Robert B. Carter, Executive Vice President and CIO, FedEx Corp.
- Robert D. McCormack, SVP and CIO, AUCA, ARAMARK Corp.
Featured Forrester analysts include:
- George F. Colony, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
- Bill Doyle, Group Director
- Frank E. Gillett, Principal Analyst
- Christopher Mines, Group Director
- Navi Radjou, Senior Analyst
- Ted Schadler, Group Director
- Ron Shevlin, Research Director
The Westin Copley Place
10 Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02116
Phone: +1 617/262-9600
For complete Event information, please visit:http://www.forrester.com/Events/Overview/0,5158,471,00.html
If you are not a member of the press and you cannot attend this Event, please call Forrester at +1 617/613-5905 for more information on an Event Webcast.
Seating is limited. RSVP by Friday, November 1, 2002. To request interviews and register for the Event, please provide your full contact information to Tina Murphy.