MEDIA ADVISORY: Forrester Research Technology Leadership Forum
Today’s infrastructure is expensive, not scalable, and fails to meet IT and business demands — with IT battling for control and business users fighting to make technology work for them. Akin to the client/server shift predicted by Forrester 15 years ago, key technology trends have already begun to create a new corporate technology revolution Forrester calls “Organic IT.” Unlike the rip-and-replace nature of client/server, Organic IT will enable firms to squeeze 50% more value from sunk technology investments inside their datacenter over the next five to 10 years while satisfying both IT and business camps through a more efficient, flexible, and responsive computing infrastructure.
Forrester Research Technology Leadership Forum, “Organic IT: The Next Computing Revolution”
This two-day Forum will demonstrate how Organic IT will help firms achieve higher infrastructure utilization within their datacenter, dramatically increase labor efficiency, and gain greater technology responsiveness to business needs. Business and technology strategists will learn:
- Why Organic IT represents the biggest architectural overhaul since client/server and how it will impact future investments in software, storage, servers, and networks.
- How Organic IT will address the needs of both IT and business executives, improving infrastructure performance while dramatically lowering costs.
- How to prepare for the Organic IT revolution, which emerging technologies will shape it, and which vendors will survive.
February 23-25, 2003
- February 23, 6:00-8:00 p.m. – Registration and Technology Showcase Reception
- February 24, 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. – Speaker Presentations
- February 25, 8:30 a.m.-12:50 p.m. – Speaker Presentations
Featured speakers include:
- Russell L. Holt, Vice President, Enterprise Systems Group, Dell Computer Corp.
- Steven A. Mills, Senior Vice President and Group Executive, Software Group, IBM Corp.
- Patrick Gelsinger, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Intel Corp.
- Douglas Frederick, EVP, Operations Solutions, EDS
- Bruce Claflin, President and CEO, 3Com Corp.
- Margie Farber, Senior Vice President, Business Area Services, Freddie Mac
- Stephen N. David, Chief Information Officer and Business-to-Business Officer, The Proctor & Gamble Co.
Featured Forrester analysts include:
- Christopher Mines, Group Director
- Charles Rutstein, Research Director
- Laura Koetzle, Analyst
- Joshua Walker, Research Director
- Galen Schreck, Analyst
6000 East Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone: +1 480/941-8200
For complete Event information, please visit:Forrester’s Technology Leadership Forum.
If you are not a member of the press and you cannot attend this Event, please call Forrester at +1 617/613-5905 for more information on an Event Webcast.
Seating is limited. RSVP by Friday, February 14, 2003. To request interviews and register for the Event, please provide your full contact information to Tina Murphy.