WHAT: Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR) Security Forum 2009: Shift Happened: Navigating The New Security & Risk Reality
The days of double-digit growth in security and risk management (SRM) budgets are gone — at least for now. Heading into 2010, Forrester anticipates that SRM budgets will be flat or declining. In the past, the ever-changing threat landscape ensured healthy budgets for information security. But in today’s economic climate, senior managers are no longer willing to write blank checks for IT security.
Now is the time for Security & Risk professionals to move beyond discussion of the recession and the resulting decrease in budgets, jobs, and discretionary security projects. Forrester’s Security Forum will help Security & Risk professionals respond to the changing SRM landscape, find answers to the new threats facing their companies in this new business climate, and measure and communicate the success of their information security programs to senior management.
WHEN: September 10–11, 2009
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine
3777 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
WHO: More than of a dozen of Forrester’s industry-leading analysts will be joined by featured industry speakers including:
- Ingo Elfering, Vice President, IT Strategy, GlaxoSmithKline
- Daniel E. Geer, Sc.D., Vice President and Chief Scientist, Verdasys
- Marcus J. Ranum, Chief Security Officer, Tenable Network Security
- Herbert H. Thompson, Chief Security Strategist, People Security
- W. Hord Tipton, Executive Director and Member, Board of Directors, (ISC)2
- Steve Whitlock, Chief Information Security Strategist, The Boeing Company
- Paul Martine, CIO and Corporate V.P. of Operations, Citrix
- Eric Sachs, Product Manager, Google Security and CIO Departments, Google
The forum offers three in-depth tracks focused to help Security & Risk professionals master major shifts they are facing in business expectations, ownership, and security architecture. Attendees will also have the opportunity to schedule One-On-One Meetings with Forrester analysts and to network with peers. Ten sponsors — including platinum sponsor Symantec and gold sponsors The Trusted Computing Group and VeriSign — will share their solutions in a technology showcase. Attendees can also register for the pre-Forum Workshop “Measuring The Effectiveness Of Your Security Organization,” which will both be held on September 9, 2009.
CONTACT: Complete Event information is available at http://www.forrester.com/securityforum2009.