Why do too many Web sites still fail to deliver any ROI? Because companies lack the right combination of skills, process, and leadership to drive great site design. Tomorrow, at the second annual Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR) Design Summit, “Leading A Winning Design Effort,” more than 175 key stakeholders from business strategy, design, IT, marketing, and product development will learn how to achieve ROI by institutionalizing great site design practices. The Summit, which features a Technology Showcase Reception tonight at 6:00 p.m. at The St. Regis Los Angeles, ends May 21.
“It’s hard to create a great Web site, even if you know how,” said Harley Manning, research director at Forrester. “Based on Forrester’s evaluations of hundreds of Web sites since 1999, most sites haven’t improved because site builders still lack the right skills, consistent process, and committed leadership. But leaders are beginning to understand the importance of connecting business objectives to the site design process, as well as how failure to understand the site¿s role will result in companies getting the site they deserve.”
Forrester’s Design Summit will provide attendees — ranging from CEOs to project team members to external agencies — with the knowledge and tools to:
- Remove institutional barriers that strangle design efforts by building skills and behaviors that aid — not derail — the design process.
- Understand that Web site development is product development.
- Implement design strategies that target user needs to prevent expensive rework and lost opportunities.
- Design and develop a site that becomes the outward face of the company — not just another channel.
- Ensure manageable and measurable collaboration between companies and their design agencies or integrators.
Leading Industry Experts And Practitioners Share Insights
The Forrester Design Summit features the following industry speakers:
- Alan Cooper, Founder and Chairman of the Board, Cooper Interactive Design
- Frederick S. Leichter, Senior Vice President, Fidelity Electronic Business, Fidelity Investments
- Christopher M. Schroeder, Chief Executive Officer and Publisher, Washingtonpost.Newsweek Interactive
- Jared M. Spool, Founding Principal, User Interface Engineering
- David White, Executive Producer, E-Commerce, Lands’ End
- Colleen M. Zambole, Vice President, Electronic Commerce, Discover Financial Services
Alongside Harley Manning, additional Forrester speakers include Senior Analyst Paul Sonderegger and Analyst Christopher M. Kelley.