Consumers rely on multiple channels to manage their financial lives — but only one in four firms are satisfying the needs of today’s complex customers. At the Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR) Finance Forum, “The New Cross-Channel Customer Experience,” more than 500 financial and technology executives will learn how to understand consumer behavior across channels, as well as what technology they need to support the cross-channel experience. The Forum, taking place at the New York Marriott Marquis, begins today.
“Firms can’t afford to synchronize data and functionality across all of their channels,” said Bill Doyle, group director at Forrester. “The solution isn’t as complex as many folks may think. The key is to identify which transactions merit a cross-channel experience, while migrating the rest to low-cost channels — a process Forrester calls ‘right-channeling.'”
Forrester’s Finance Forum focuses on four key questions that will be addressed by featured industry speakers and Forrester analysts.
- How will consumers manage their financial lives across delivery channels?
- Which interactions deserve cross-channel treatment?
- What emerging technologies will help shape the new cross-channel financial experience?
- How can financial services firms effectively manage and control the costs of channel integration?
Industry speakers include:
- Kenneth D. Lewis, Chairman, CEO, and President, Bank of America
- Harvey Golub, Former Chairman and CEO, American Express
- Christos M. Cotsakos, Chairman and CEO, E*TRADE Financial
- Charles K. Gifford, President and CEO, FleetBoston Financial Corp.
- Donald Haile, President, Fidelity Investments Systems Co., and CIO, Fidelity Investments
- Diana L. Scott, SVP, eBusiness and Group Insurance, John Hancock Financial Services
Plus panel discussions with:
- Susan Ganz, VP, Investment Banking Group, Merrill Lynch
- Neil Isford, President and CEO, Plural
- Daniel R. Vermeire, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, The Huntington National Bank
- Robert Dye, CEO and Co-Founder, WealthCycle
- Mike Cagney, President and CEO, Finaplex
- Glenn L. Smith, Managing Director and Head, Morgan OnLine, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
Forrester speakers include:
- Bill Doyle, Group Director
- Catherine Graeber, Senior Analyst
- Jed Kolko, Senior Analyst
- Todd Eyler, Senior Analyst
- Ted Schadler, Group Director